Meet Grant Goodes, Zimperium’s Innovation Architect and Former Chief Scientist at Guardsquare

Zimperium is excited to announce the appointment of Grant Goodes as our Innovation Architect. With a decade and a half of experience in application and mobile security, Goodes brings invaluable expertise to continue advancing Zimperium’s market-leading mobile security platform that organizations across the globe use to secure their mobile apps and endpoints. In his new role, Goodes will guide the strategic direction of Zimperium’s application protection technology and products.

Prior to joining Zimperium, Grant held senior positions driving mobile application security innovations at organizations, including Guardsquare, Cloakware, Arxan Technologies (now Digital.ai), and Iredto. In his recent role as Guardsquare’s Chief Scientist, Grant was responsible for defining the future direction of their mobile application security solutions. During his tenure at Cloakware, Grant led the development of the kernel-based Android Secure Platform technology. At Arxan, he developed the company’s next-gen white-box cryptography and encryption product.

Zimperium spoke to Grant Goodes to talk about his new role, the state of the market, and why he chose Zimperium.

What gets you excited about this role? How do you think your previous roles and experiences prepared you for this position?

GG: At this stage in my career, I have worked on every aspect of application security. It’s long been a goal of mine to “put all the pieces together” in an end-to-end solution. Zimperium’s mission to become the leader in mobile security by delivering a DevSecOps security solution that protects the entire mobile ecosystem – from applications to endpoints –  fulfills that goal.

Zimperium has built a team of world-class engineering talent- from the encryption team to the research team and the machine learning team – with who I now have the privilege to work alongside.

In terms of my role, what gets me most excited is the fact that this is a visionary role architecting the future, which is ultimately what I have always wanted to do with my career. Working with Jon Paterson, Zimperium’s CTO, to help execute, refine, and contribute to his vision of the future of mobile application security is a very exciting position to be in.

You could have worked at any number of other companies. Why Zimperium?

GG: Zimperium’s mission, maturity, and world-class engineering talent is what ultimately drew me to the organization. Fundamentally, no other company has all the pieces to address the whole end-to-end pipeline of mobile application security. Zimperium does. This company is no startup – it has the technology DNA (from vulnerability scanning, in-app security, and threat monitoring) to address the market need for a true DevSecOps solution.

I am thrilled to join this team as the company enters a high-growth phase to help more organizations protect against increasing threats to their mobile endpoints and applications.

Where do you see the market headed in the coming year, what are some of the major trends and themes we’ll see?

GG: Mobile is increasing “the way” to build software and engage with customers, but mobile security is still an afterthought for most organizations. This is primarily because security spend in mobile is quite low, and security expertise in mobile dev teams is even lower. In the coming year, mobile developers need a security partner and solution that requires low effort but delivers high results. My sincere belief is that Zimperium is the best positioned to deliver on this gap in the market.

About Zimperium

Zimperium provides the only mobile security platform purpose-built for enterprise environments. With machine learning-based protection and a unified platform that secures everything from applications to endpoints, Zimperium’s solutions provide on-device mobile threat defense and comprehensive in-app protection to protect growing and evolving mobile environments. For more information, contact us today.

The post Meet Grant Goodes, Zimperium’s Innovation Architect and Former Chief Scientist at Guardsquare appeared first on Zimperium.

Article Link: Meet Grant Goodes, Zimperium’s Innovation Architect and Former Chief Scientist at Guardsquare - Zimperium