Thousands of security professionals will join us for Microsoft Ignite from November 14 to 17, 2023, where we will share how to embrace the AI era confidently, with protection for people, data, devices, and apps that extends across clouds and platforms. With more than 45 security sessions, there are many exciting keynotes, breakouts, and demonstrations to fill your time. To help you navigate the Microsoft Security experience at Microsoft Ignite, we’ve put together a guide of featured sessions for security professionals of all levels, whether you’re attending in person or online.
While our in-person tickets have sold out, registration for the virtual event is still available to participate in the Microsoft Security experience at Microsoft Ignite, which includes sessions on security strategies and practical applications. In both tracks, you’ll learn about the latest innovations and implementation strategies from Microsoft Security across comprehensive security, unified visibility, and Microsoft Security Copilot. Keep reading this blog post for ideas on keynotes, breakout sessions, and discussions to check out. Register to browse our session catalog and bookmark sessions you’d like to attend.
Catch the news highlights during our keynote
Start your day with our announcement-packed keynote from Charlie Bell, Executive Vice President, Microsoft Security, and Vasu Jakkal, Corporate Vice President, Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management, Microsoft. Don’t miss insights from them during their keynote, “The Future of Security with AI.” They will share how Microsoft is delivering AI for security with Microsoft Security Copilot, and how we enable organizations to secure and govern AI with new capabilities. This new era of AI offers unprecedented opportunities to elevate human potential but also challenges organizations with unknowns and risks.
Learn security strategies for today’s and tomorrow’s challenges
Our cybersecurity strategy sessions are focused on equipping you to leverage AI and Microsoft Security solutions to strengthen your threat defense strategy. Join these sessions to take your strategies to the next level across identity protection, code-to-cloud approaches, industry best practices for AI, and the latest learnings in threat intelligence.
Strategy sessions to consider joining include:
- “How we secure the Microsoft estate” (BRK291H: in-person and online): Join a fireside chat with Bret Arsenault, Corporate Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, on Microsoft’s approach to security and how Microsoft plans to adapt as the industry continues to embrace the new era of AI.
- “Boosting ID Protection Amid Sophisticated Attacks” (BRK294H: in-person and online): Alex Weinert, Vice President, Identity Security, and Mia Reyes, Director, Foundational Security—Cybersecurity, will offer a deep dive into the escalating landscape of cyberthreats targeting digital identities amid the evolving tech realms of the Internet of Things, operational technology, and hybrid workspaces. Learn about innovation in automated key management and Hardware Security Modules for fortified key storage, crucial in mitigating human errors and bolstering defenses against sophisticated aggressors.
- “This Year In Threats: Tales From Microsoft’s Global Fight Against APTs” (BRK299: in-person only): Sherrod DeGrippo, Director of Threat Intelligence, and John Lambert, Corporate Vice President, Distinguished Engineer, Microsoft Security Research, will discuss how Microsoft defends customers at the nexus of the cyber and physical worlds and how they can join our global alliance to help give bad actors nowhere to hide. This year, Microsoft Threat Intelligence stood with its partners on the leading edge of the global response to the most impactful threats and incidents. In this session, look back at the threat actors and campaigns that defined 2023 and hear our experts tell their favorite stories from the front line.
- “Secure access in the AI era: What’s new in Microsoft Entra” (BRK297H: in-person and online): Jade D’Souza, Product Manager; John Savill, Cloud Solution Architect; and Joy Chik, President, Identity and Network Access, will offer details on innovations for Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure Active Directory) that can help you automatically prevent identity compromise, enforce granular access policies, govern permissions, and leverage AI to secure access for anyone to anything from anywhere. This demo-centric session will follow an employee as they onboard, access resources, and collaborate.
- “Unifying XDR + SIEM: A new era in SecOps” (BRK293H: in-person and online): Preeti Krishna, Principal Product Manager, and Rob Lefferts, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Threat Protection, will offer insights on how the latest innovations in generative AI, automatic attack disruption, embedded threat intelligence, decoy assets, a reimagined user interface, and cloud posture management capabilities will supercharge your threat detection, response, and defense.
- “Secure and govern your data in the era of AI” (BRK296H: in-person and online): Erin Miyake, Principal Product Manager; Herain Oberoi, Marketing Leader; Tina Ying, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Insider Risk Management; and Rudra Mitra, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Data Security and Compliance, will demonstrate how Microsoft Purview’s comprehensive approach to data security, compliance, and privacy helps empower organizations to protect and govern their data.
- “Security for AI: Prepare, protect, and defend in the AI era” (BRK298H: in-person and online): Douglas Santos, Senior Product Manager; Maithili Dandige, Partner Group Program Manager, Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance; and Shilpa Bothra, Senior Product Marketing Manager, will discuss the importance of preventing sensitive data leaks in AI as third-party AI apps grow exponentially and hackers continue to launch adversarial attacks using generative AI. Leave this session with a solid defense and ways to secure data as you interact with AI using Microsoft’s comprehensive security suite.
Gain practical applications with in-depth product views
When strategizing a security approach, technology solutions play a critical role. To help you become an expert on security solutions and implement new features within your organization, Microsoft Ignite will include sessions exploring the use cases of Microsoft solutions, including Security Copilot, Microsoft Entra, Microsoft Purview, and Microsoft Intune.
Practical application sessions to consider joining include:
- “Boost multicloud security with a comprehensive code to cloud strategy” (BRK261H: in-person and online): Safeena Begum, Principal Product Manager, and Yuri Diogenes, Principal Product Manager, will talk about how Microsoft Defender for Cloud can help you fortify your defenses and enhance your incident response strategy with cloud security graphic insights and tailored analytics from Defender for Cloud workload protection plans.
- “Fortified security and simplicity come together with Microsoft Intune” (BRK263H: in-person and online): Archana Devi Sunder Rajan, Partner Group Product Manager, Microsoft Intune; Dilip Radhakrishnan, Partner Group Product Manager, Microsoft Intune; Jason Roszak, Chief Product Officer, Microsoft Intune; and Sangeetha Visweswaran, Partner Director of Engineering, will discuss how the next generation of endpoint management and security capabilities from Microsoft Intune help transform security and IT operations. Learn how to simplify app updates, cut the cost of public key infrastructure lifecycle management, mitigate risks with AI-derived insights, and free up resources by automating IT workflows.
- “Modern management innovation shaping endpoint security” (BRK295H: in-person and online): Jeff Pinkston, Director of Engineering; Ramya Chitrakar, Corporate Vice President, Intune Engineering; and Steve Dispensa, Corporate Vice President, will explore how to defend against the evolving sophistication of cyberthreats while ensuring a productive workforce. The newest wave of Microsoft Intune innovation can shape your defense-in-depth strategy for a secure and productive end user computing estate.
- “Beyond traditional DLP: Comprehensive and AI-powered data security” (BRK262H: in-person and online): Maithili Dandige, Shilpa Bothra, and Talhah Mir, Product Manager, will share how AI-powered Microsoft Purview Information Protection and Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management can transform your data loss prevention (DLP) program, enabling Adaptive Protection and fortifying your data security posture. You will also hear about new features that enhance incident response and expand endpoint coverage and gain insights on how to enhance their data security strategies.
- “How Microsoft Purview helps you protect your data” (OD07: online only): Anna Chiang, Senior Product Marketing Manager, and Tony Themelis, Principal Product Manager, will explore organizational paradoxes and how Microsoft Purview can help strengthen your data security posture. They will also demonstrate how our latest AI-powered and contextual classifiers can identify sensitive trade secrets, personally identifiable information, and more in seconds across your digital estate.
- “Effortless application migration using Microsoft Entra ID” (OD03: online only): David Gregory, Director of Product Marketing, Identity Compete, will share how our newly proposed tool supplies a one-click configuration to integrate applications into Microsoft Entra ID. During this on-demand session, we will provide an overview of how our tool offers a guided experience to seamlessly facilitate the migration of your applications from Active Directory Federation Services to Microsoft Entra ID.
- “Bringing Passkey into your Passwordless journey” (OD02: online only): Calvin Lui, Product Manager; Erik Dauner, Senior Program Manager; and Mayur Santani, Product Manager, walk you through the background of where passkeys came from, their impact on the passwordless ecosystem, and the product features and roadmap bringing passkeys into the Microsoft Entra passwordless portfolio and phishing-resistant strategy.
- “The power of Microsoft’s XDR: they attempted, we disrupted” (BRK265H: in-person and online): Dustin Duran, Director of Security Research, and Kim Kischel, Director of Product Marketing—XDR, will discuss Microsoft 365 Defender’s automatic attack disruption technology and give you a clear understanding of attack disruption and how it’s providing immediate value to customers in the real world today.
- “Making end-to-end security real” (BRK267H: in-person and online): Mark Simos, Lead Cybersecurity Architect, and Sarah Young, Senior Cloud Security Advocate, will share quick wins that solve real-world problems using Microsoft’s integrated security products. This session will show you how to make progress on end-to-end security across identity, security operations, and more.
Interact with the experts
Bring your questions about Microsoft solutions. Our experts have answers. Connect with them during live discussions to learn more.
Opportunities to interact with the experts include:
- “Windows 11, Windows 365, & Microsoft Intune Q&A” (DIS657H: in-person and online): Gabe Frost, Group Product Manager; Harjit Dhaliwal, Senior Product Marketing Manager; Jason Githens, Principal Group Product Manager; and Joe Lurie, Senior Product Manager, will participate in a collaborative question and answer session about where we are today with Windows 11 and device management—and what you need to propel your organization and IT strategies. We’ll quickly outline a few of the latest commercial enhancements, but the focus here is on your thoughts and questions.
- “Preventing loss of sensitive data: Microsoft Purview DLP Q&A” (DIS666H: in-person and online): Shekhar Palta, Principal Product Marketing Manager, and Shilpa Bothra will discuss Microsoft Purview DLP and the way it can prevent accidental or intentional loss of sensitive data across apps and devices. Join us to discuss how you can modernize your DLP and get started quickly, and learn how DLP works with Microsoft Defender products.
- “Panel discussion: Resilient. Compliant. Secure by default” (DISFP375: online only): Joyce Purser, Global Lead, Field Cybersecurity, Veritas Technologies; Saurabh Sensharma, Principal Product Manager, Microsoft; Simon Jelley, General Manager for SaaS Protection, Endpoint and Backup Executive, Veritas Technologies; and Tim Burlowski, Senior Director of Product Management, Veritas Technologies, will discuss security strategies. Join Veritas experts for an interactive question and answer on ensuring your cloud applications are resilient and your data is protected, compliant, and recoverable when it matters most.
Socialize with us and your peers
As you’ve probably experienced yourself at previous conferences and business networking events, some of the best ideas are sparked during conversations with other security professionals. Get social and join us and your cybersecurity peers at two incredible networking events.
- The Lounge at Microsoft Ignite: Located in the Hub on Level 5 (Summit Convention Center), the Lounge is the main gathering area for community. The Lounge will be staffed by Microsoft full time employees and attending Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) to provide continuous question and answer opportunities.
- Microsoft Ignite Security After Party: Network and connect over drinks and appetizers on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at The Collective. Partners, customers, Microsoft MVPs, and Microsoft subject-matter experts will mix and mingle. Register to reserve your spot.
Register today for Microsoft Ignite
Join us online from anywhere from November 15 to 16, 2023, to hear major product announcements, inspiring messages, and expert insights on the future of cybersecurity and Microsoft solutions. And if you’re not able to participate at all this year, you can still check out plenty of session content, product announcements, and keynotes after Microsoft Ignite wraps up. It will be available on demand after the event. Reserve your spot today. Hope you can join us!
Join the Security Tech Accelerator
We’re also having a Tech Accelerator event on Wednesday, December 6, 2023. Ask questions about the latest product announcements from Ignite and connect with your security peers at this virtual skilling event hosted on the Security Tech Community—register today.
To learn more about Microsoft Security solutions, visit our website. Bookmark the Security blog to keep up with our expert coverage on security matters. Also, follow us on LinkedIn (Microsoft Security) and X (formerly known as Twitter) (@MSFTSecurity) for the latest news and updates on cybersecurity.
The post Digital security sessions at Microsoft Ignite to prepare you for the era of AI appeared first on Microsoft Security Blog.