Approaching stealers devs : a brief interview with Meta

Approaching stealers devs : a brief interview with Meta

To completely understand what’s going on in a market that has been growing in the last years I found mandatory to know which players are dominating it. Always remember that behind every user of the Internet there is another human like you, so if you can be kind enough to reach them and they agree, you can have a little talk. Asking things is not a crime.

Please note everything that stated on this blog has only an informational purpose. I will never promote the use of these products.

Let’s see, Meta: @meta_stealer

The interview was made in Russian. Since I was using a translator, questions will be shown in original english, and answers will be given both in original Russian (in case translation is misled) and translations to english.

What is Meta?
Мета это программа-стиллер, ворующий пароли и другие сохраненные данные с компьютера.
What is the history of the name META?
Мы хотели назвать наш продукт Мета, по двум причинам:
1) чтоб название меньше индексировалось поисковиками,
2) Мы хотели подчеркнуть что наш продукт обладает сверх-большими возможностями и функционалом.

“Meta” is a Greek-origin prefix that means after, beyond, or at a higher level. The same vision of this word is shared between Mark Zuckerberg and the Meta Stealer guys.

How is META different from other products?
Все логи меты идут напрямую в панель клиента, мы не храним у себя копии украденных данных.

Claims of stolen data from customers are around every product, this is something I would like to dive into.

When did META started working?
С 2021-ого года. В 2021-ом году, в REDLINE появились новые функции, позволяющие работать в одной панели сразу большому количеству людей. Спустя месяц, разработчик редлайн пожалел, что создал такую функцию и захотел прекратить это. Но так как он имел обязательства перед купившими, он со своей командой решели продать часть исходного кода, а всем уже купившим данную функцию — просто выдать новую панель. Они нам предложили купить часть исходного кода, с условием, что мы бесплатно разместим у себя всех их клиентов.
На тот момент REDLINE был, подчеркну, самым технологичным стиллером в мире. И мы согласились на их условия.
Цену покупки я оглашать не буду. Так появился метастиллер, которым вы его знаете сейчас.
How many people have tried META? approximately
100–150
I have to ask you about the relationship between META and REDLINE. Many people confuse their products, but I know they are not the same thing. What do you think about it? What is the difference between them?
Мы очень уважаем команду редлайн, но естественно среди нас есть конкуренция. Возможно у нас и нет такого опыта в разработке програмного обеспечения, как у них, но у нас большая команда, и мы регулярно работаем над улучшением своего продукта. В этом году из их команды к нам присоединился второй разработчик, и это существенно улучшило скорость и качество нашего обслуживания.
Сегодня, мы можем смело сказать что наш продукт лучше и качественне чем REDLINE.

Meta is not Redline. Meta is not Redline. ….

META is the best choice among teams and individual workers. Do you think this is the number 1 option among all the operations on the market?
Да.

DA, very sure, but the owner of something must not say anything bad about his product. Let me share to you an objective view:

Now that Infostealers groups seems like a known thing,

KZ Team Reborn — list of operations since October 11th, 2022

359999 META victims vs 30175 REDLINE victims (Stop Redline July 2023)

GhostBusters — list of operations since July 19th, 2023

20107 META victims vs 0 REDLINE (They don’t work with Redline)

Failing that, we have

Raven Logs— list of operations since November 9th, 2022

52384 META victims vs 254530 REDLINE (Both active)

Meta is highly used on these teams, as well as Redline or other products such as Lumma or Raccoon. Consider Meta a separate threat from Redline.

Does META allows to work on people from the CIS countries? How do you feel about people who work with Russians?
В русском сегменте даркнета, существует неписанное правило “ Не работать по РУ” ( РУ=Россия и страны СНГ). Но многие не правильно интерпретируют это правило. Суть этого правила в том чтоб не привлекать внимание к себе и своим клиентам.
Так же суть в том, чтоб не грабить свой народ, который и без того беден. Наш продукт никак не помогает воровству у бедных, мы не продаем и не приветствуем мошенничество среди необеспеченных слоев населения.
Наш продукт создан для кражи криптовалюты, а ее владеют исключительно те люди, которые способны на инвестиции.

Meta is one of those products that doesn’t follow any anti-CIS policies, and I found this statement very interesting.
Some other people with similar thoughts said that “if you have a cryptocurrency amount worth a 3-month engineer salary, you are not poor,” and the distribution of wealth should be applied to you.
This is very dangerous, and being rich is not a justification to be robbed. Don’t mess with other people’s money.

What do you think has been the biggest update in META?
Оно будет в следующем месяце.

Indeed, it was out recently, before I expected.

Meta V4 was announced at November 28th, 2023. Please find the statement at https://x.com/g0njxa/status/1729538390729834852

What are META’s plans for the future?
Умножить функционал в 10 раз.
How do you see the market, is now a good time to work?
Смотря что вы подразумеваете под словом “Рынок”
Рынок стиллеров — на пике популярности. Рынок даркнета — в упадке, и только за счет единиц, он еще продолжает существовать.

At this point, this is the most accurate point of view of the infostealers ecosystem. There are too many active people with too many operations that bring too much attention to a business that has been abused by too many people in recent years. The market bubble is bleeding bit by bit.

Do you have anything to say to the “information security experts” who are trying to hunt down META?
В мире существуют гараздо более опасные люди, чем мы. Хакеры одиночки и АРТ группировки, способные организовать ядерную катастрофу или логистический коллабс. Причем, цели их весьма прагматичны.
Не надо искать нас. Пусть лучше уделяют больше времени изучению и пресечению тех, кто нажатием кнопки может парализовать ядерный реактор или медицинский отсек во время операции больного.

The end?

Remember to check the other interviews at: g0njxa — Medium

Expect more content,
Best regards.

@g0njxa

Article Link: Approaching stealers devs : a brief interview with Meta | by g0njxa | Medium