We are honored to announce that Microsoft has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic QuadrantTM for Access Management for Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra.
We thank our customers who guide our strategy and product innovation, engage with us deeply in co-creating modern and secure identity solutions, and provide invaluable feedback that helps us continually raise the bar. We believe this incredible partnership has propelled us to be recognized as a Leader for the 6th year in a row and inspires us to grow our product portfolio, introducing innovative solutions so that our customers can do more with less.
Secure access for a connected world
As organizations have adopted new technologies to expand their digital environments, managing identities and access has become much more complex and time-consuming. To innovate without fear, organizations must ensure that they effectively protect their expanding digital estate as every new service immediately becomes a new attack surface. That’s why we’re building our identity solution as a pervasive trust fabric that can secure access to everything for everyone, whether that be within on-premises, Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, apps, websites, devices, or wherever organizations expand next.
To pave the way for the next generation of identity solutions, earlier this year as we announced Microsoft Entra, our new identity and access product family that can help any organization:
- Protect access to every app and every resource for every user.
- Effectively secure every identity including employees, customers, partners, apps, devices, and workloads across every environment.
- Discover and right-size permissions, manage access lifecycles, and ensure least privilege access for any identity.
- Keep users productive with simple sign-in experiences, intelligent security, and unified administration.
Discover the Microsoft Entra product family
Following our identity innovations announced at Microsoft Ignite 2022, the Microsoft Entra product family includes:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory, part of Microsoft Entra, our flagship cloud identity product.
- Microsoft Entra Permissions Management, our cloud infrastructure entitlement management product.
- Microsoft Entra Verified ID, our decentralized Identity product.
- Microsoft Entra Identity Governance, our complete identity governance product.
- Microsoft Entra Workload Identities, our product that brings advanced security and governance to non-human identities.
You can learn more by reading the full 2022 Gartner® Magic QuadrantTM for Access Management report. To learn more about the Microsoft Entra portfolio and its products, visit our website and check out our Ignite session covering our recent Microsoft Entra innovations.
To learn more about Microsoft Security solutions, visit our website. Bookmark the Security blog to keep up with our expert coverage on security matters. Also, follow us at @MSFTSecurity for the latest news and updates on cybersecurity.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Microsoft.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks and service marks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Access Management, By Henrique Teixeira, Abhyuday Data, Michael Kelley, James Hoover, Brian Guthrie. 2 November 2022.