Lastline to be Acquired by VMware

Today I am thrilled to announce that Lastline has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by VMware. The transaction has received the approval of both companies’ Boards, but is potentially subject to certain regulatory approvals. The transaction is expected to close in VMware’s Q2 FY21 ending July 31, 2020.

The protection of our customers is at the center of what we do at Lastline. By joining forces with VMware, we will be able to offer additional capabilities to our customers and bring to market comprehensive security solutions for the data center, branch office and remote and mobile users. In recent years, Lastline has enjoyed tremendous growth, acclaim for its AI-based threat detection capabilities, and most recently, recognition for pioneering successes with our Network Detection and Response (NDR) and Public Cloud security solutions.

VMware’s well-articulated strategy combines visibility into apps, workloads, networks, users and endpoint devices with advanced threat detection and response to deliver a unique (and better) intrinsic security approach. As one combined company, we will be able to offer an even broader array of integrated security solutions for both networking and security, and complement many of VMware’s established solutions for cloud, data center, end user, and workload protection.  There are few security companies that have the breadth of network and endpoint capabilities as we expect the combined Lastline and VMware will have.

Our founders and employees are among the most well-regarded cyber security experts in the world and our ranks prominently include 15 PhDs and four of the world’s most published cybersecurity researchers. Our academic heritage together with its many rigors has created an enviable culture of innovation and integrity at Lastline. VMware’s heritage and culture is similar in many ways, and our mutual commitments to customer success and innovation will create a fertile ecosystem in which our employees will be able to thrive and our customers and partners will be able to enjoy leading solutions and breathtaking commercial opportunities.

I want to thank all our employees for the hard work and dedication that enabled this exciting outcome. Special thanks go to Christopher Kruegel, Giovanni Vigna and Engin Kirda for their vision, passion, and determination in bringing to market world class products that have helped millions of users remain secure in the face of ever-growing cyber threats and challenges. I must also thank our investors for their indulgence and support of our efforts over the years and, of course, I must thank our many customers without whose confidence we would have been far less successful. 

We are excited about the next chapter at Lastline and remain 100% committed to delivering high-quality products and world-class service to our customers, partners and integrators.

Thank you all!

Please also see today’s blog post by Tom Gillis, VMware’s SVP and GM for Networking and Security.

The post Lastline to be Acquired by VMware appeared first on Lastline.

Article Link: https://www.lastline.com/blog/lastline-to-be-acquired-by-vmware/