How I made my company’s office into a fancy internet cafe and why should you too

How I made my company’s office into a fancy internet cafe and why should you too

These are strange times. COVID-19 has changed the way we work, the way we communicate, and the way organizations operate. One of the concerns that is taking more and more focus now is around the move from working inside the perimeter to working outside the perimeter. We all know how to work in the perimeter, and we have learned in the past few months how to work outside the perimeter, but the back and forth between these two modes of operation can introduce risks on its own. Think about a computer in the perimeter, protected with perimeter security, that now goes out and is being used by someone working from home. During that time it’s less protected since the perimeter isn’t there. Then that computer is taken back into the perimeter and brings along with it threats it picked up outside - unwanted software, maybe an attacker with a persistent foothold on it. Now, it poses a risk to the entire organization from the inside.

Article Link: https://www.cybereason.com/blog/how-i-made-my-companys-office-into-a-fancy-internet-cafe-and-why-should-you-too