Forrester Study: Breaking Down the Total Economic Impact of AlienVault USM

There’s just something about InfoSec that attracts the skeptics, the leery, the Agent Scullys among us. Perhaps this natural tendency to distrust is what makes security analysts so keen at threat hunting, so perceptive to see a glimmer of anomalous activity in a stream of “normal.”

It’s perhaps this same tendency to distrust that warrants big eye rolls when I, the InfoSec marketer [insert devil emoji here], tell IT security practitioners that AlienVault® Unified Security Management® (USM) can save them time and money.

And, I get it. They’ve heard it all before from SIEM and other security vendors: the promise and allure of a powerful security engine, low upfront costs, life-changing intelligence and analytics; only to be duped into 18 months of deployment hell, a black hole of maintenance and tuning, and mounting hidden costs for every new bell and whistle. All too often, security projects end up as shelf ware, the proverbial million-dollar door stop.

To be honest, this is exactly why we built AlienVault USM—to empower IT security teams to achieve world-class security without the cost and complexity of traditional approaches to security. With AlienVault USM, organizations of all sizes can deploy and get to real security insights on day one. But again, don’t trust me; I work in marketing.

Instead, take a look at the recent commissioned Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study that the global research firm Forrester Consulting conducted on behalf of AlienVault. For this study, Forrester interviewed AlienVault USM Anywhere™ customers, both direct users and Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs) to assess the overall value and ROI of AlienVault USM, quantified in cold hard numbers.

As stated in the study, “From the information provided in the interviews, Forrester has constructed a TEI framework for those organizations considering implementing AlienVault USM. The objective of the framework is to identify the cost, benefit, flexibility, and risk factors that affect the investment decision.”

Download a full copy of the Forrester TEI study here.

The key findings of the study are highlighted in the infographic below. They include:

• 80% faster threat detection and response
  • 6X Return on Investment (ROI) over 3 Years
  • Payback in under 3 Months
  • 2,000 hours saved on Compliance Audits (94% reduction)
  • 80% Improvement in Security Operations Staff Productivity
  • $40,000+ Annual Savings in Threat Intelligence Expense

Need more convincing? Try our interactive product experience here.

Article Link: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/534210620/0/alienvault-blogs~Forrester-Study-Breaking-Down-the-Total-Economic-Impact-of-AlienVault-USM