Liberation. It’s a powerful word. It’s about freedom from limits on thought or behavior.
The reason why I bring this up is because I recently heard from a prospect of mine, here in London, who mentioned he was liberating his employees by giving them the ability to work away from the office. As part of this, he would allow them to work from home on their mobile devices and iPads, protected by Zimperium. While the devices would be protected while in or out of the office, he was second-guessing his decision to let them work remotely.
Candidly, I’m not sure if he was truly wanting to liberate his employees, or just have them work longer hours at home, but this got me thinking.
Employees are truly liberated these days. With just one device, employees can check and reply to work emails, make dinner reservations at their favorite restaurant, meet with their superiors on Zoom, like a funny Tweet, review their favorite restaurant whose service wasn’t all that good, book a flight for their upcoming trade show and transfer money into their checking account.
However, this “new-found” freedom comes with it’s fair share of risk – – threats and attacks posed by hackers wanting to not only get your personal information, but your company’s information.
You see, mobile devices are now the de facto platform for productivity in business. Today, the traditional computing devices (e.g., servers, desktops and laptops) upon which enterprises have focused their security and compliance efforts represent only 40 percent of the relevant endpoints. The remaining 60 percent of endpoints are mobile devices.
And while there are organizations realizing mobile devices are an unprotected endpoint with access to or containing all of the information of a traditional endpoint, there are many more that don’t. While there are some overlaps in what you protect – email, calendars, etc., – the way you solve the traditional endpoint security problem is completely different than how you solve the mobile security problem.
Zimperium, the global leader in mobile threat defense (MTD), offers real-time, on-device protection against Android and iOS threats. We are the only mobile security solution with on-device, machine learning-based detection of device, network, phishing and malicious app attacks.
Go on and liberate. But don’t give attackers the same freedom.
Ashish has more than 20 years experience in cybersecurity. Today, he leads the business unit across Northern Europe for Zimperium, the global leader in mobile threat defense (MTD), offering real-time, on-device protection against Android and iOS threats.
The post Don’t Let Liberating Your Employees Give Freedom to Hackers appeared first on Zimperium Mobile Security Blog.
Article Link: https://blog.zimperium.com/dont-let-liberating-your-employees-give-freedom-to-hackers/