Cycle of Learning will always have New Beginning

Daily we learn something new personally or professionally, why we learn will always help to find right path.

Here is short story about a Woman Software Engineer:

First question to me when I started as Software Engineer II was → which career path to choose?

1. Front-End Developer
  2. Back-End Developer
  3. Full-Stack Developer
  4. Data Engineer
  5. Data Architect
  6. Data Scientist & more…

I am interested to learn all the technologies available. My career plan from under-graduation was to focus and learn as much as I could.

Learning Opportunities will Rise daily

Although I have joined Walmart with limited skill set, I continued to take any tasks which come to me without saying NO. Sometimes it was too challenging to complete, but I never gave up. Interest in learning more has always helped me to stay focus.

Knowledge is like Water!! Go with the flow, there might be few blockers but always find a way out

Sometimes, managing the tasks was difficult due to lack of guidance. As I have to put effort to know the right solution, I used to search → fail → retry. Failing helped me to know multiple approaches to deal with one question.

Sometimes Failing is also Beautiful

It’s always good to take a break and maintain work life balance; This helps to reinvigorate enthusiasm and helps us to stay focus on the goal.

We Fall to Grow — inspired from trees 

There are people who discourage us and few who guide us. We have to seek right mentor in an organization. One of the interesting words I have heard from my mentor is we collect our knowledge in T-shape; we should have in-depth understanding of one career path and collect knowledge on other career paths.

My experience taught me below key activities to focus in an organization.

1. Know Product/Customer needs and available technologies
  2. Learn the Technologies
  3. Plan to accomplish Product/Customer needs with available technologies
  4. Develop as per Organization Standards
  5. Present and collect feedback from customers & Leaders
  6. Guide new team members and other teams in organization.

If you truly believe in something never give up, stay strong and be focused.

There will be people who might have faced similar difficulties; In future, I want to come up with few onboarding blogs with basic details that may help new employee in an organization.

Hope you liked the pictures 

MP

Walmart Global Tech #WalmartWomen

My Previous Blogs:

Cycle of Learning will always have New Beginning was originally published in Walmart Global Tech Blog on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.

Article Link: Cycle of Learning will always have New Beginning | by Malya Juvvadi | Walmart Global Tech Blog | Medium