All Work and No Play? Not at McAfee!

By Srinidhi, Software Quality Engineer

There’s more to life than work.  

It’s a commonly held and often stated view, but companies that take it to heart are few and far between. McAfee is one of those few. 

Well known as an industry leader, the creator of powerful security technologies and solutions, McAfee also believes it is vital to build community among employees through clubs and events, promoting and facilitating fun, engaging and educational activities for employees. And this company puts that belief into action! 

McAfee Photography Club

In India, McAfee established the M-Alive employee engagement committee to support various activities to encourage creativity and learning, one of which is McAfee Photography Club. 

This is close to my heart. As a wildlife enthusiast with a love of nature, I’ve found digital photography an ideal tool to help me observe nature and express my desire to understand it more deeply. Over the years, learning the art of photography has become a hobby in its own right. 

Quarterly Competitions

McAfee Photography Club runs quarterly photographic competitions. These have proven to be popular with employees, the very first competition drawing over 100 submissions. Given the wide range of images submitted, we decided to adopt a different theme each month (which has done nothing to reduce the substantial numbers of excellent images submitted monthly!) Each month’s winning images are framed and displayed around the office.  

The competition engages large numbers of employees, either entering their photographs in the competition or simply appreciating others’ images and the extensive talent we have at McAfee. Entries are viewed across the world – one woman in Europe commented on an image of a magnificent lion which sadly lost its fight against cancer: “As I go through this phase of struggle in my life, this image means a lot to me”. It’s wonderful to me that our art can be so helpful to others. 

A Great Place to Work

Photography is just one example of the many areas – sports, arts, sciences and others – encouraged and supported by McAfee. The company invests enthusiastically in helping employees pursue interests and build community within the business. McAfee is truly a great place to work.

For more stories like this, follow @LifeAtMcAfee on Instagram and @McAfee on Twitter to see what working at McAfee is all about. Interested in joining our teams? We’re hiring! Apply now.

The post All Work and No Play? Not at McAfee! appeared first on McAfee Blogs.

Article Link: https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/life-at-mcafee/all-work-and-no-play-not-at-mcafee/