A bundle of case studies and X-Ways Forensics Practitioner's Guide training

Out of the 100+ viewers of the case study I did last week, a bit more than half completed a survey with most of those including comments on the case study in regards to what they want to see.

With that, I decided to try a series of case studies with between 4 to 8 case studies added each month.  The first case study I did was longer than expected at almost an hour, but I plan for each case study to be between 15 to 45 minutes.   If you want an easy and inexpensive way to put training & education hours under your belt, this is good way to go.  Spend time reviewing case studies!

The goal in the case studies is to;

• show how others do cases
  • show how suspects have been caught
  • show processes, techniques, and methods that suspects used to avoid being caught
  • show processes, techniques, and methods that investigators used to catch suspects
  • give insight on how to work cases with ideas and examples

As time is an issue for everyone, for each case study there is a short quiz to prove you watched the case study.  The quiz is a pre-requisite to receive a printable certificate that states the course title, date, and hours spent.  This is to make the bosses happy and add training time to your CV.  The cert is optional, as is the quiz, in case you just want to review the cases without documentation of your time.  As far as time goes to do a case study, I've broken down the case studies to bare bones important aspects of the cases.  You don't have to read every line of a 30 page affidavit to get the point of the case studies.  I'll spit it out the highlights for you with only the good stuff.  No fluff (as in, no need to read boiler plate after boiler plate).  

I want to make the case study series attractive to you because case studies are important.  If you are a student, there is no other way to watch a real case in the real world other than a case study. If you already work cases, you know that there must be a better way to do what you are doing; so case studies can give you a tip or two to get better at what you do. If you already know everything….that’s another issue (because no one knows everything).  Continually work on improving your skills and you will continually improve your skills.

I have case studies lined up already, but if you have a case you'd like an opinion on for a case study, I'll take a look and maybe add it to the series.  Just send it to me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). 

I’ll start the series with a short-run promo price that includes a 3-month access the Case Studies Series and also to the X-Ways Forensics Practitioner’s Guide Online Course for $95.  The regular price for the case series is $125 and the X-Ways Course is $599. 

This is short-run promo at $95 expiring on 11/11/2017 for both the

Case Studies Series and the X-Ways Forensics Practitioner's Guide Online Course.

Register here: http://courses.dfironlinetraining.com/series/case-studies-with-x-ways-forensics?pc=cs-xwf-nb 

Case Studies 2A will be posted this weekend.

Article Link: http://www.brettshavers.cc/index.php/brettsblog/entry/a-bundle-of-cases-and-x-ways-forensics-training